Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Un Altro Mese Passato

Hello all,
So this past weekend I went to Verona and Venice with USAC. It was so much fun. I liked Verona alot, and Venice was gorgeous! Pictures I've seen of Venice are nothing like it is in person. I did and saw everything necessary when I went, I saw the bridge of sighs and il Ponte de Rialto, San Marco Piazza, the main canal, I went on a Gondola ride, bought a Venetian Glass and Venetian masks. The Gondola ride was by far the best Gondola ride in the history of Gondola rides. Haha. Our Gondolier was so sweet and he even sang for us which is something that all of the other Gondoliers is Venice refused to do. 

About two weeks ago, I went to Bardonecchia to snowboard, something I had never done before! I went with my friend Matt, and the entire way there and up to the point where we rented our skis and snowboard, I was asking him which one I should do, ski or snowboard, ski or snowboard, snowboard or ski? I was really nervous since I had never done either, and he told me skiing would be easier, but I've always wanted to try snowboarding.... and I'm glad that I did! It was the most fun that I had in a long time! I knew I would hurt myself, but I wasn't going to worry about that until it actually happened. Matt had skied before, but he went with me to the bunny slope, so I could try it out. I went down twice (very difficultly I might add) and then he told me it was time for the bigger slope, which was pretty darn big. When I was at the top of the slope, I had to stand and breathe before I would go down because I was terrified! When I would get to scared of falling or going to fast I would just kinda fall down on purpose to stop. I usually fell on my ass and my hands which really strained by wrists, especially my right one, but by the end of the day, I had snowboarded down that hill about 8 or 9 times. Matt said I did really well for a first timer. There were moments when I hardly ever fell, and I would just listen to my iPod to Rob Zombie and Prodigy, and I flew down the slope, past all the loser snowboarders that fell. The last time I went down, it was getting pretty dark, and I couldn't fully see the run, so I fell pretty badly on my already wounded tailbone and wrists that I screamed and some of the other skiers came over to me to see if I was okay. They wanted to call the snowmobile medic to come get me, but I made it down the rest of the hill on my own. When I got home from a long day, my wrist was wrapped and barely movable, I couldn't move much because of my severely bruised or otherwise cracked tailbone, and I was covered in bruises. The next day, I was so sore, I couldn't move a muscle without being in pain! It was ridiculous, but all worth it because I had so much fun on the snow.

Next week is the last week before spring break, and I am so excited! I have 3 destinations planned that I will be going to, and I can't wait (Non vedo l'ora)! I have all of my flights booked and all but one place to stay. It's definitely going to be the best spring break that I've had in a while, mainly because I've had to work for the past few that I remember. In just a couple more days, my lovely parentals are coming to visit me for about a week, and I can't wait to see them! It's been about 7 months since I've seen them, far too long. I wish the rest of my family and friends could come with them!

So before you leave my blog, check out my "Carnival of Ivrea" page and my "Bardonecchia" page because they both have videos on them that I recently uploaded. Also I put up pictures of Venice (including video of Gondola ride) and Verona, so check those out, too!

Ho finito. A presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment